• Includes two steering wheel mounted paddles (momentary switches) for up/down shifts to the ECU.
• The push/pull pneumatic actuator will allow both up and down shifts through two in-built solenoid valves. Valve timing is controlled through the ECU paddle shift function.
• The pneumatic pump supplies air pressure to the tank and is activated by the ECU with specific control of pressure including a pressure sensor fault fall back strategy. If the sensor fails or is not present, the ECU can automatically cycle the pump to maintain a pressure supply. Excess air pressure is relieved through the pressure relief valve supplied in the kit
• The air tank and manifold supply a strong reserve of pressurised air for shifts. The manifold includes ports for all necessary fittings and a pressure sensor for the pump control.
• The tank to pump pressure line comes as a standard 1.5m length but can be shortened using simple tools. It is included with the air tank manifold kit but is also available as a spare part.
• 75101 - GEAR BOX CONTROLLER SHIFT ACTUATOR
• 31100 - GEAR BOX CONTROLLER COMPRESSOR PUMP
• 75102 - GEAR BOX CONTROLLER PADDLES
• 61222 - CURLY CORD LOOM TERMINATED
• 58042 - HONEYWELL 250 PSI PRESSURE SENSOR
• 75104 - GEAR BOX CTRL AIR TANK MANIFOLD KIT
• Paddles can be wired to any digital, universal digital or analogue voltage input pin.
• The pneumatic actuator can be wired directly to the ECU without the need for an external amplifier or relay. Two half-bridge, peak hold injector outputs or low side injector outputs can be used; one output for up shifts and one output for down shifts.
• The pneumatic pump must be wired to an ECU output via a relay due to the high current draw of the unit. One half-bridge, peak hold injector output or low side injector output can be used.
• The tank pressure sensor can be wired to any analogue voltage or analogue temperature input.
The Paddle Shift Auxiliary Kit is designed as a hardware solution for integrating paddle shift with a sequential racing gearbox.
It is intended for use with a MoTeC GPRP-M1 engine management system, which comprises an M1 ECU and the GPRP firmware package featureing paddle shift control.